Self-care is anything that we deliberately do to take care of ourselves either mentally, physically, emotionally or spiritually.
It is something that we often neglect because we are too busy helping or caring for others, working, running your home, to name just a few.
If you don’t fill your car with fuel can you drive it when the tank is empty?
No – so how can you do everything to the best of your ability if you are not filling yourself up with self-care?
What ways can you practice Self-Care?
- go for a walk
- call a friend
- get your nails done
- have a reflexology treatment or massage
- have a facial either at home or at a relaxing salon/spa
- read a book
- do some art or craft
- pet your dog
- drink your cuppa (while it is still hot)
- listen to music
- dance (like no one is watch you is even better)
- write you gratitude list
- get a hug
- switch on a movie
- have a lie in if you are usually up super early every day
- saying “No” and putting yourself first
- do something that YOU like to do
Do something positive for yourself right now…
So why don’t you make a deal with yourself to do at least 1 thing of self-care every week (daily would be amazing but you can work up to that over time) – it doesn’t have to be much to start off with but if you make a little effort you won’t be sorry.